Fachgespräch Inter-Vehicle Communication
Inter-vehicle communication (IVC), the management and control of network connections among vehicles as well as between vehicles an existing network infrastructure, is a maturing research field that is currently gaining massive momentum. The investment of European automobile manufacturers and OEMs into this idea is not only expressed in successful efforts to reserve dedicated radio spectrum harmonized across Europe, but is also reflected in numerous research ventures in cooperation with academia.
First standardization efforts across all layers, by both IEEE and ETSI, have already borne fruit, allowing researchers to gain valuable insights into both the strengths and the shortcomings of current approaches. A tremendous body of experience could be gathered in both national and international large scale field tests as well as in the domain of simulation and modeling. However, this knowledge is still fragmented, making it hard for new players to get into the game and affording even experienced groups only a restricted view on this complex field.
We are inviting talented young researchers as well as their experienced colleagues to help fill this gap by participating in lively discussions about both the state of the art and future directions of inter-vehicle communication research.
Topics of Interest
- Communication architecture and systems
- Application concepts, coexistence, and use cases
- Heterogeneous access technologies and networks
- Resource management, sharing and allocation
- Information dissemination and networking
- Simulative performance evaluation and modeling
- Insights from measurement campaigns and field tests
- 1st GI/ITG KuVS Fachgespräch Inter-Vehicle Communication, Innsbruck, Austria, February 21-22, 2013
- 2nd GI/ITG KuVS Fachgespräch Inter-Vehicle Communication, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg, February 20-21, 2014
- 3rd GI/ITG KuVS Fachgespräch Inter-Vehicle Communication, Ulm, Germany, March 19-20, 2015
- 4th GI/ITG KuVS Fachgespräch Inter-Vehicle Communication, Berlin, Germany, 31 March and 1 April 2016
- 5th GI/ITG KuVS Fachgespräch Inter-Vehicle Communication, Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany, 6-7 April 2017