NetSys 2023, International Conference on Networked Systems 20234-7 September 2023 – Potsdam, Germany
The biennial Conference on Networked Systems (NetSys) provides an international forum for engineers and scientists in academia, industry, and government to present and discuss recent innovations in networked and distributed systems.
The NetSys 2023 demo session showcases actual working prototypes or systems, in close interaction with the audience. We strongly encourage student and industry submissions as well as authors of current hot topic papers or extended abstracts to submit demo proposals. Previously published work can be submitted as well as novel contributions. The NetSys 2023 Demo committee will review all demo proposals.
The topics of interest are identical, but are not limited, to the ones of the main conference:
- Network architectures and protocols
- Transport- and application-layer protocols
- Software-defined networking, network function virtualization, and further network softwarization
- Mobile, ad hoc, opportunistic, vehicular, and sensor networks
- Novel concepts for tactile and low-latency communication
- Pertinent middleware architectures, platforms, and programming support for networked systems
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Cloud computing, mobile cloud computing, fog and edge computing
- Network security and privacy
- Information-centric networking, content distribution and retrieval, and their co-existence with classical networks
- SoA, web services, and mobile services
- Consistency, reliability, availability in networking and distributed systems
- Advancements in social networks, social computing, data-intensive computing (big data)
- Methods for design, implementation and analysis of networked systems
- Cyber-physical networked systems
- Green and energy-efficient networks / networked systems
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning as well as their application in, and impacts on, networking
- Distributed ledger systems and applications
- Emerging and future networked applications and distributed systems
- Registration & submission: Friday, June 23rd, 2023
- Notification of acceptance: Friday, July 21st, 2023
- Camera-ready due: Friday, August 18th, 2023
Novel demo contributions must be 4 pages total including all content, references and acknowledgements (11pt font, one-column format). They should incorporate a brief description of the demo and a system architecture illustration. They should also specify any requirements to hold the actual demonstration on-site. Demos that can be easily reproduced will be strongly preferred in the selection process.
Submissions based on previously published work should be presented in the same format, but can be significantly shorter. Contributions based on previously published work needs to explicitly cite the original publication and contain a short statement summarizing the relevance of the demo to the NetSys community, your expectations towards the audience, and the requirements to hold the actual demonstration on-site.
Submission implies that at least one author will register and attend the conference to present the demo.
LaTeX and Microsoft Word templates are available online here.
Contributions should be submitted electronically as PDF via this CMT.
There will be a best demo award. Novel and previously published work are eligible.
- Thomas Zinner, NTNU Trondheim, Norway - email@example.com
- Stefan Geißler, Universität Würzburg, Germany - firstname.lastname@example.org